Monday, June 16, 2008

Pescadero Road Race Report

Pescadero Road Race
By Larry Broberg

We must have raced different races or at least had different goals, Jim. I have won this race before but didn't expect to this year but was hoping to be in the money which I missed by one place last year (this year I got 4th). Joe, Matt, Scott and I were all riding close to each other and when I needed help, I actually had teammates to help me out. This is something new for me.

It was so cool to have people to help you and look out for you and work their butts off for you, sacrificing their placing for me. I can't tell you how proud I was of the team and hopefully I can repay you guys some time. I know Gary would have been there also if not for his crash.

Our guys kept Lloyd Rath from catching Jim and possibly demoting him another position and worked for me keeping me out of trouble until the final climb where Lloyd beat me by a couple of feet at the line. Once again guys, thanks a lot and I really appreciate what you guys did and I know you rode your asses off.

1 comment:

Dennis the Mennis said...

Yes, having teammates out there sure is a big plus. Congratulations!