A few photos from today's Sea Otter Classic road races
by Jim Langley
1. Mark Edwards finishes 3rd in the 45+ 1/2/3
2. Team Bike Trip/Symantec's Mark Edwards on the Sea Otter Podium after receiving a smooch from the podium girl (right in red).
3. Geoff Drake finishes 9th in the 45+ 1/2/3
4. Abe Rothstein finishes 10th in the Cat 3s
5. Mark and Geoff looking good up the main climb, Henneken Hill on lap 3 or 4 of 8.
6. Mark with the breakaway group on lap 6? Stars and stripes jersey is the rider who won the race.
7. Geoff setting a nice tempo with the next group.
And, in my 55+ race, which took place at 7 a.m. - I got 9th. I was leading with 1K to go but the guys with me were stronger and powered by in the slow-motion sprint to the line on the steepest part of the 2-mile finishing climb. Painful!