By Jim Langley
Some quick notes - since the tent was almost as much fun as racing this year:
- we setup 2 tents this year, and later a third tent appeared - from the Bike Trip Jr. Team
- once again Joe Platin donated about a million dollars worth of Buttery goodies
- the scones were to die for, the lemon torte was world-class and soon, all over my face
- we had a fantastic turnout of teammates show up and cheer - it was awesome
- the highlight of the morning was a visit by Ned ("The Lung") Overend, lured into the tent by Joe's goodies, and fresh off his stunning second-place finish in the Pro race (at 54-years-old!). It was quite a treat having the most famous racer in the race hang with us. He pointed out some of the fine details of his one-off 13-pound S-Works carbon roadster with custom Roval carbon wheels and even a trick under-stem-cap-mounted computer.
- huge thanks to everyone who made this race the biggest and best event of the year and congrats to all the fine finishes!!