Friday, July 2, 2010

7-1-10 Swanton TT

30:50 and some seconds.

Again, I wasn’t going to come out again since I achieved my “bogus” cycling goal for 2010 of getting under 30 minutes two months ago at Swanton.

But I thought I was on good form and had just acquired a Zipp 900 disc for my track bike with an adaptor so I could also use it on the road. I used almost exactly the same set up/position as two months ago except for more aero wheels.

Unfortunately, from my time, my form is not nearly as good as it thought. I had fantasized about cutting a minute off my best time but instead added a minute in when the opposite direction. It was quite windy and I almost crashed in warm up but that is really not why I went slow since I felt fast on the course, kept to my pacing strategy and Nils set a new, super fast, personal best- congratulations Nils.

I was already planning on taking a break from road racing. I am going to use this as an excuse to back off my miles for the next 2 or 3 weeks, focus on core/strength training and very short duration (sprint) efforts.

Ken Sato

No comments: